Hey! We're moving back to Utah! Because we want to. (I know. You never thought you'd hear me say it.) We're really excited about it.
Some things I am looking forward to about Salt Lake (round 2, with new eyes):
1. COMMUNITY. Hands down, this is what I miss most and am most excited about. Friends and family, and friends who are family to us, I ache to be near you again. I miss you!
2. Buying a house. A house! That we get to fix up and decorate and make just our own + share with our friends of course.
3. Building a permaculture garden. Spencer and Bradley, please give me all your knowledge and show me your ways.
4. Sushi: Who woulda thought my favorite sushi place was here all along?
5. Actually biking for real this time. I promise I'm going to do it, even though I said it about everywhere else. But the hillllls man. Seattle hills are rough.
6. Coffee shops. Seattle has some great coffee, but my favorite little coffee shops in Salt Lake are just so cozy and homey.
7. Abdullah's potlucks.
8. The mountains.
9. Hopefully teaching Pilates.
10. Everything is cheap cheap cheap!
It's funny to see some things from these previous posts pop up on my list again. (Here and here) Cue Counting Crows song about how you don't know what you've got til it's gone and paving paradise to put up a parking lot, yada yada. I am the absolute worst (or best?) at this. That song pretty much sums up my life. So I'm trying to go back to Salt Lake with a different perspective. We'll see.
Things I am not looking forward to about Salt Lake: (maybe this list will keep my expectations in check)
1. Snow x a million
2. Air- the worst there is, second to maybe China only.
3. No offense people that I love, please don't take any, but splitting my time up between you all/feeling obligated to attend every thing for everyone can be a bit overwhelming. If I can't come to something, it doesn't mean I don't love you!
4. Pressure to be anything other than what I am and what I feel is best for me and my family. It has been so healthy for me to be away from that pressure and to find a sense of self-worth outside of others' expectations. I hope I can hold to it when I move back.
Four things. Could be way worse. ;) I will miss so much about Seattle too: the great friends we've made, cider, the rain, the smell of the air, and all the beautiful nature. But I feel ready to move on for now, and I'm excited about the future. Y mucho más que estoy entusiasmado. But that's for a later blog post.
See you in July!