A little while ago, Jon decided to sign up with a traveling tech agency in hopes of landing a job in Portland (our dream city). As a traveling surgical tech, he will take 3-4 month long assignments throughout the country. The cool part about the job is that it allows us to travel and explore new places. The not-so-cool part is that our lives have been totally up in the air throughout the whole process. And as you know, I am a PLANNER. As you also know, I am a picky picky person. So this waiting period has been really hard for me. For the past few months, I'd kind of just cringe when people asked what our plans were and where we were going.
BUT! Now we finally know. Jon actually got two offers at once: one in Boston and one in LA. For a few different reasons the LA job was a better fit for us, so that's the one we took. But it got us thinking... Boston sounds like a pretty sweet place. Maybe you're next up, Boston! Who knows.
And here, in no particular order, are 10 things about LA that are making me spontaneously smile in public:
1. All the yummy food! Yeah I'm talking to you, sushi and vegan restaurants.
2. The warm weather, and general lack of snow.
3. The garment district!
4. The possibility of snagging a photo editing internship.
5. Getting to ride my bike again. Because no black ice in LA, right?
6. The beach!
7. Flea markets.
8. Farmers markets that are open year round.
9. Being able to visit SLC because flights to the Provo Airport are only 50 (yep you heard that right) bucks.
10. Exploring a new city with the love of my life.
Los Angeles, here we come!