Salads with lettuce are so 2013. Well, not exactly. Salads and other raw vegetables are still a really important part of a healthy diet. But sometimes, you might not feel like eating another boring plate of baby spinach or arugula. Don’t let veggie boredom keep you from eating plenty of salad this season. Grain based salads are a great alternative that are super filling and full of nutrients! Try this simple recipe that can be made with just four simple ingredients:
- ½ cup of sprouted white quinoa (or quinoa of your choosing)
- 1 ½ cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, julienned
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, slice the strawberries and basil.
- Mix the strawberries, basil, and quinoa in a bowl.
- Top with golden raisins.
See the complete entry from this post here.