Alrighty folks. Here's the roundup!
1. Dream Big: Plan your trip with the mindset that while you want to save money, you don't want to compromise. (Read more here.)
2. Travel Off Season: Traveling off season can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars, and lots of time standing in lines! And you won't have to sacrifice weather either. (Read more here.)
3. Bundle Your Trip: Plan your trip through a travel site like this one for maximum flexibility at minimum costs. Play around on this site, and you'll find that changing your departure/return dates by a single day, or flipping the order of your trip can save you thousands. (Read more here.)
4. Hotel Alternatives: Airbnb is an awesome alternative to staying at a regular hotel. Book a room or apartment at a fraction of the cost, and get other perks like a kitchen, laundry facilities, and an eye into the life of the locals. (Read more here.)
5. Budget Airlines: In Europe, RyanAir and EasyJet are great options for cheap travel between cities.
(But you sure are cute, Grandpa!)
(And McDonalds should probably get on using this for an ad...)
(Though, note: I do not support McDonalds in any way, shape, or form.)